Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Making it Count

Every morning when I get dressed for work I look in the mirror and think to myself "Is this work appropriate?" Usually I could use one of my friends there to give me the ok, but they are at their own homes, often times probably wondering the same thing, so I am left to make my own decisions. Such is life as an adult, I guess. Usually I can make it pass by throwing on a cardigan, wrapping a scarf around my neck or adding my grandmother's pearls (most coveted possession right now). Sometimes I am just late and race out the door and figure I will throw caution to the wind and test my luck.

The thing is, I don't really separate work clothes from non-work clothes. They are all sort of interchangable when worn in the right context. Maybe that is why I don't have a closet bursting at the seams. I eliminate the clutter and make the most out of everything. Man, if only I applied that same logic to the rest of life. ha!

No comments: