Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Birds

It wasn't until about a month or so ago that I discovered that Scott Shuman (The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore (his female fashion/photographer counterpart) were dating. Recently they have been popping up on each others blogs in stories, pictures and sweet little words. Normally stuff like that would make me roll my eyes and wish they'd stick to style, but in this case it is just that - sweet.

Read Scott's recent post "Verizon Global Gentleman or the Sainthood of Garance Dore" and you will agree. Or laugh at my female emotions. It's really up to you.

Verizon Global Gentleman or the Sainthood of Garance Dore


I don't know if any of you have seen these Verizon Global Gentleman ads that began running in GQ back in September.

It was a really fun project that Garance and I shot over the Summer in Milan, Paris, Australia and London.

I have to admit I'm happy with how the shots turned out... but poor Garance.

No photographer ever wants to shoot another photographer. Let alone your boyfriend who is a photographer.

I couldn't help it, just as she was about to shoot I would keep saying... is that the angle you're going to take???..... back light, really??.... does my hair make my face look fat???

Local florists became quite wealthy after each of these shots.

Sorry G.

No comments: