Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 23: I'm thankful for my grandparents

You can't see it well in this picture (well, that is sort of the point of a white tattoo), but a few months ago I got my Papa's signature tattooed on my wrist. It's from one of my mom's old report cards from when she was just a wee-bitty little girl. His last name, Ondash, is also my middle name. I'm lucky enough to have amazing memories of all of my grandparents... even though not all of them are alive today. (Only Nana -- but she has enough spunk for everyone!)

I hope my kids grow up with the same silly memories too -- catching grandpa on the bidet, Nana and her crazy wigs, grandma insisting we call the basement the "great room', Papa with his big earphones on listening to the game. You know, in 20 years when I am ready to have kids.

No comments: