Friday, August 15, 2008

Nana's Words of Wisdom

There are some women who seem to just have life figured out. They exude self-confidence, are smart, witty, and classy... with just a touch of eccentricity to make them stand out from the crowd. My Nana (who I have written about on this blog before) is one of those women.
Here are a few of her gems from our 15 minute phone conversation this evening:

On yoga:
"Tell me darling, how many times a week are you going to yoga?"
"Oh maybe 3 or 4"

"Can't you go 7 days. Why aren't you doing that?"

"Because I don't have the time or energy for that Nana!"
"False, darling, yoga gives you energy. Of course you can go 7 days. Start going."


On men:
"There are no good men left. They don't make them anymore. I got the last one. Just get used to being with yourself, it's much better company anyway."
"Yeah but I would still like to meet someone."

"Well, maybe at yoga. It's not that hard. I am 90 and have men flirting with me all the time. As they should. Then I just smile and go on my way."


On my apartment:
"So, tell me about where you live." "
It is cute. It's in the city, but I have a little patio, so it doesn't feel like it."

"But is it safe?"

"Yes very, I have bars on my windows."

"Sigh, move somewhere safe. No one wants to look at bars. It's like jail."

Then she had to go because it was "her busy hour" and other people were trying to call.


No comments: