Sunday, July 13, 2008

The City Has Gone Mad

Even though I know DC is full of crime, I never feel unsafe... mostly because I am so removed from most of the things that happen. Until this morning when I went to get some coffee from Tryst and ended up running down 18th street and into a stranger's car after gun got shot about 20 feet from me. A group of men were fighting and running down the street, when one of them decided to start shooting. A guy in a car yelled for me to get in, along with 2 other strangers, as the brawling men came running down the street toward us. The driver called the police and we watched as they came and took some of the men down.
Then it was over, I got out and continued on my way.

Like a said, nice little Sunday morning in DC. Thank g-d no one was hurt!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Well, um, except for the guy that got capped...

But it is definitely slightly miraculous no one else got hurt. DC is messed up.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

Well, you made it out without a scratch, and that's the important part.

Truth About It said...

This story is crazy....I can't even think of home many times I walk, or ride my bike, in that area around the same time.

DC is known for having good/bad areas from block to block....I guess something like this can be expected.

exqweezme said...

Another day around Euclid St...

I just don't walk around there anymore.

lacochran said...

I'd say the guy in the car was a hero!

Anonymous said...

wow. what an amazing, scary, shocking story. I too walk around there all the time. glad you're okay.