Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Splish Splash

I'm having an inner dilemma with rain boots. In theory I love them, especially old school Wellies. I even own a pair in army green, with flannel at the top. Sigh, so here is my problem. The second the first drop falls from the sky, girls race to their closets and pull out their bright J Crew or Target rain boots that are covered in hearts or stars or even little rubber duckies. I agree, they are totally functional. And there is something slightly amusing about jumping in puddles with duckies on your feet. But come on, just because they are cute doesn't mean they work with everything.

So as my gift to you on this rainy Tuesday, I have put together a rain boot check list..
  • rain boots with a short skirt and thick tights - cute

  • rain boots with your baggy work pants scrunched at the top - not cute

  • rain boots with skinny jeans and an over-sized men's sweater - cute

  • rain boots with your sweatpants - not cute

  • rain boots with a vintage dress and belt - cute

  • rain boots with your pant suit or skirt suit for that matter - not cute
And guys... well just don't go there. Trust me on this one!

umbrella covered kisses,
me

No comments: